• Process your personal information for ordinary business of registering and assigning your Toll Service Account;
• Tell you about our services and products;
• Keep you informed of your Toll Account balance(s); and
• To contact you as and when necessary. Without your personal information, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide you with the products or services that you require.
Calls, emails, text messages and other means of communication may be recorded by LCC where required by the law, regulation or for quality assurance purposes in a bid to serve you better.
Your consent We will process your personal information if you give us your consent willingly or in accordance with the law. You give your consent to us by signing off on the Customers Agreement in the application forms or by clicking on the relevant button/part of this website, LCC’s mobile app or any other applicable platform whether physical or online.
We will only disclose your personal information if:
• The law requires it;
• We have a public duty to disclose the information;
• Our or your legitimate interests require disclosure; or
• You agreed that we may disclose your information.
LCC may collect and process the following data:
1. Full Names, email addresses and telephone numbers, vehicle information details – vehicle license plate number, vehicle classification, vehicle make/model, colour and other specifications, route number (for commercial vehicles).
2. Information about any regulatory matters connected to you.
3. Footage from CCTV at the plaza (on the lanes and on the premises).
Your Rights LCC is happy to inform you of your rights in relation to your personal data that it processes. Note however, that your exercise of any of these rights may result in our inability to provide some services and/or products to you in which case LCC will withdraw the affected service and/or product. Find examples of such rights below:
You may at any time:
1. Request for access to your personal data held by LCC.
2. Request that your personal data held by LCC be deleted or destroyed.
3. Request that LCC modifies or updates your personal data to rectify any inaccurate data which it holds.
4. Request that LCC delivers to you or a third party your personal data held by LCC.
5. Request that LCC restricts the processing of your personal data held by it.
6. Request that your personal data should not be processed for the purpose of marketing.
7. Decline a consent request from LCC or withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data by LCC. Further to the above rights, you may lodge complaints or make enquiries concerning the processing of your personal data through any of our channels detailed in the contact section below Third parties We ask third-party service providers to agree to our privacy policies if they need access to any Personal Information to carry out their services.
We will not disclose your personal information to external organisations that are not our service providers, unless you gave us your consent, or unless we may do so by law, or if it is necessary for the conclusion or performance of our agreement with you.
Transfer across borders Sometimes we will process your personal information in other countries, either to carry out your instructions or for ordinary business purposes. These countries may not have the same level of protection. If necessary, we will ask the party to whom we transfer your personal information to agree to our privacy principles, associated policies and practices. Storing personal information We store personal information as required by law Our security practices Our security systems are designed to prevent loss, unauthorised destruction, damage and/or access to your personal information from unauthorised third parties. Marketing by electronic means If you give us permission, we may use your personal information to tell you about products, services and special offers from us or other companies that may interest you. We will do this through email, text message (SMS), social media platforms or notify you on your mobile applications. If you later decide that you do not want us to do this, please contact us through our customer service channels to stop this service. Access to your personal information As our customer, you may:
• Ask us to give you a description of your personal information that we hold; and
• Ask us to correct or update your personal information through our customer service channels. We may, if allowed by law, charge a fee for this. Our use of technology to follow your use of our websites While you are using our websites or mobile applications, we automatically process certain personal information, such as visits to our websites. We use this information to find out which areas of our websites people visit most and to monitor the use of our websites. This helps us to add more value to our services. This information is gathered in such a way that we do not get personal information about any individual or their online behaviour on other websites.
Cookies We use cookie technology on some of our websites. A cookie is small pieces of text that is saved on your Internet browser when you use our websites. The cookie is sent to our computer each time you visit our websites. Cookies make it easier for us to give you a better experience online. You can stop your browser from accepting cookies, but if you do, some parts of our websites or online services may not work. We recommend that you allow cookies. Links to other websites Our website, related websites and mobile applications may have links to or from other websites. Although we try to link only to websites that also have high privacy standards, we are not responsible for their security, privacy practices or content. We recommend that you always read the privacy and security statements on these websites. Monitoring of electronic communications We communicate with you through different methods and channels. If allowed by law, we may record and monitor electronic communications to make sure that they comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and internal policies. Social Media We operate and communicate through our designated channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, help and engage with our customers. We monitor and record comments and posts made about us on these channels so that we can improve our services.
The general public can access and read any information posted on these sites. We are not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by our designated officials. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves, or any information posted on them by third parties or other users.
When you engage with us through social media your personal information may be processed by the site owner; this process is outside our control and may be in a country outside Nigeria that may have different privacy principles/policies. We regularly update and monitor our social media accounts and welcome feedback and ideas sent to us through these channels. We try to join conversations whenever possible, but may not reply to all messages sent to official LCC social media accounts.
Emerging themes and helpful suggestions will be given to the relevant staff for consideration, but we cannot guarantee that any themes or suggestions will be acted on. Right to change this privacy statement We may change this privacy statement. We will publish all changes on our websites. The latest version of our privacy statement will replace all earlier versions, unless it says differently. Queries and complaints If you have any queries or complaints about privacy, please contact: